Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pay it forward

  I like the idea of pay it forward.  It gives us the chance to repay the help and kindness we have received by doing a favor for someone else.  It makes sense because the new person may need the help more.  For the past  five years, I have been reading to a young women who I'll call Pom Pom Girl.  I can give the gift of time to someone who needs it.  It's a win-win situation, because I benefit as well.   I enjoy my two mornings each week, and I know I make a difference.  I feel needed, and I enjoy helping someone else.  If you have some time to spare, I'm sure there are many things that you could do.  Don't be surprised if you feel that you receive as much as you give.  Have a good week everyone....and the beat goes on....the beat goes on...

No comments:

Post a Comment