Sunday, January 8, 2012

Wrapping a bow around 2011

   The Christmas tree came down today, and most of the decorations have been carefully stored.  It took me a couple of hours, and I remembered that it took a lot less time when Matt was around to help.  I just asked  him to give me a short amount of time, and I would handle the rest.  All I needed was the time it took for a CD to play while we put ornaments on the tree, and  we made a top ten list of the previous year as we took things down.  We started with the categories of people, places and things, and it was interesting to hear what  stood out from the last twelve months.  I always felt like this was a win-win, a real positive activity.  We spent some time together, and I learned the kinds of things that  Matt found important.  It also gave us a chance to realize that we actually had accomplished a few things, and had some fun while doing it.  Kids seem to be more comfortable talking when they are working side by side.  Awards from school, big wins from sports, fun day trips, and our favorite movies would all make the list.  Blizzards, and other wild weather events always got some consideration.  Kitchen disasters, and other silly things were recounted, and given a grade.  We were  working together and laughing at ourselves, which isn't usually as easy combination.  It also got us started on our list of things to do next year, which we'd eventually call goals.
  Among this year's top ten for our family were a wedding, several new baby cousins, a new condo, some travel, pretty good health and finances, finally completing one home project, as well as being able to work on my blog.  2011 has been a lot of fun for me, and I can easily review last year by just scanning the weekly topics.  I promise to always try and accentuate the positive things in my world, and to recount my experiences with humor in 2012.
  As always, take what you like and leave the rest....and the beat goes on....the beat goes on.....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment