Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year !!!

  It's hard to believe that it has been twelve years since we all gathered for the turn of the century.  Remember all the hype with Y2K and the computers??  It cannot possibly have happened more than a decade ago !!   I know it's a cliche, but the last few years have flown by.  2011 was better for me than 2010, and I'm expecting 2012 to be better than any of the other two-thousandsies.
  This year, our New Year's Eve was pretty typical.  We went out for an early dinner,  then back home for a movie and watched the ball drop from the comfort of our TV room.  These days, I prefer to watch the midnight fireworks while sipping a cup of tea in my jammies. 
   Each new year starts with a blank slate, which makes it a perfect time to set new goals, and outline the direction for my next twelve months.  It's easy for me to make broad statements like "may we all be healthy, wealthy and wise in 2012."  Let's break it down, and see if I can get a little more specific.  This year, I plan to  be more active every day (healthy).  I can walk my dog, watch an exercise video, or walk in place while I watch one of my TV shows ( why did I ever give my treadmill away??)   My goal will be thirty minutes per day, and I'm going to record my activity.  I'd love to win the lottery (wealthy), but until then, I'll continue to work hard at my day job, as well as set some practical goals towards getting Matt and Muggzy published.  Success is the journey not just a destination.  I hope my wisdom will come from asking for other opinions, paying attention to current events, and staying involved with family and friends.  I never thought I had all the answers, and  I love to bounce ideas off others. 
   May our problems be few, and our blessings be many.  Let's all list a few practical goals for the next year, and perhaps one or two that will be hard to accomplish.  Have your kids set some resolutions too.
 Let's hope the economy turns around for all of us, and our neighbors find the jobs they've been looking for.  May we enjoy a happy, healthy and prosperous 2012...  and the beat goes on....the beat goes on.....
  

No comments:

Post a Comment