Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl Sunday

   Congratulations to the New York Giants who just won this year's Championship game against my New England Patriots.  Yikes, it was another nail biter,  and could have been anybody's game till the last five seconds.  It was one of those games that went back and forth, and was a shame that someone was going to have to lose. 
   The Super Bowl game is huge around the world, and it connects families scattered across the country.  I know we were in touch with relatives in four different states as we all prepared to watch the game from our TV rooms.  We enjoyed pizza,  hot wings and lobster mac and cheese, as well as appetizers and desserts. 
   I caught most of the commercials, and my favorites were the Dorito's ads,  the car ads, and the Coca-cola polar bears. 
   Of course, it's much more fun when your team wins, but the two best teams in the league got the chance to compete.  I always like the background stories, and most of the players had to overcome some kind of adversity throughout their careers.  I hope it's an inspiration to young athletes to work hard and focus on their dreams. 
  I want to thank the Patriots for a wonderful season, which gives us something to look forward to each weekend during the winter months.  I wanted you guys to win for your families, the Kraft family, and all your fans.  Keep your heads up, because we'll all be ready to support you next season.....and the beat goes on.....the beat goes on......

No comments:

Post a Comment