Sunday, January 15, 2012

Accentuate the Positive

    I'm happy to report that I've been able to keep my New Year's Resolutions for fifteen days and counting!  I'm using a jounal to record my meals and exercise each day.  I also make a gratitude list with three or four things.  My hope is that I'll be able to review each month, and see the good things in my life.  Some days my list shows sleeping in late, or a good day at work.  I want my journal to evolve throughout the year, and my goal is progress not perfection.  It's always easier to focus on the annoying negative stuff, than it is to acknowledge that the glass is half full.  
I've decided to list some of my favorite things from the Holiday Season.
   My most thoughtful gift was given to me by my niece.  She made each of the aunts a wooden puzzle as an art project in one of her classes.  There was a cat for the cat lover, a frog for the frog collector, and I got the pug.   They were all beautifully stained, and each was fantastic!  She definitely deserved the A grade that she received.  We each also received a hand made card and mine said " You never know when you might happen upon magic.  It's all around us-- watch and you'll see!"  I loved it, and of course I'm going to keep my eyes, ears and heart open to the possibility of magic.
   My most beautiful gift was the bouquet of roses and peace lillies that Matt sent me.  They looked good, and smelled good for almost two weeks. 
    My most useful gift was the great smelling hand soap that I recieved and will use every day.
    My most practical  were the gift cards which I will enjoy throughout the entire year.  My goal is to use my cards and gifts before next Christmas, and I will definitely achieve that.  I will also think about the person who gave me each gift, and remind them of my purchase when I speak to them.  It does keep the Holiday Spirit alive for a little longer.  Have a good week everyone....and the beat goes on....the beat goes on.....


   

No comments:

Post a Comment