Sunday, December 1, 2013

Gobble Gobble

   I thoroughly enjoyed Thanksgiving this year because it was just my speed.  We had a wonderful dinner with Ron's siblings and their families.  Our nephew's children were there, and kids always bring laughter and joy to any celebration.  Feasting with our families is a tradition that I hope everyone can relish.
    I deliberately stayed away from the shops and sales on Friday, and decided to make turkey soup, and a turkey pot pie.  By the time we've eaten all the left overs, we will have been stuffed with turkey.  Since it may be a year until we have it again, I don't mind eating turkey dishes for a few days.
    Small business Saturday is popular in our area.  Downtown shops and restaurants are open late Saturday night, and many offer extra discounts.  I like the idea of keeping the money in my community, and supporting our neighbors.  Even though we have cut down on the amount of gifts we exchange, we still have a lot to buy and mail.  We give to all the kids until they graduate college, and so it is time to start my list.  Packages and Christmas cards must be mailed by December 15th, which means I must get a lot done by next weekend.  The clock is ticking.  There are things to buy, things to make and things to do.  Next weekend I have a Christmas luncheon, and a cookie exchange.  I also need to put up the tree and decorations.  This is the time of year when I do something every night after work in order to get things done.  It is a lot of fun, but it is also exhausting, because work will be very busy, and my personal life will be too.  My strategy will be to do as much as I can each day.  The month of December will fly by, and I  need to maximize the happiness, and minimize the stress.  I'll let you know how it all works out.....and the beat goes on.....the beat goes on......
   
   
     
      

No comments:

Post a Comment