Sunday, November 24, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

    The first Thanksgiving was celebrated in Plymouth Massachusetts in 1621.  The Pilgrims had landed in America during the winter of 1620, which made life very difficult.  The Pilgrims were starving, and Massasoit and the Wampanoag Indian tribe, brought them food and helped the Colonists survive. The next year, they had the feast to celebrate a successful harvest.  Having meat on the table meant hunting it. The meal would have consisted of duck, venison, seafood and vegetables.  The feast lasted about one week, and some meals were shared with the Wampanoags,  and some were eaten separately.
     I hope everyone gets to celebrate and enjoy a meal with family and friends.  I wish that we all feel peace and happiness in our hearts, and that joy extends through the remainder of this year. If you do not want to be alone,  invite people over for dessert.  If you are feeling lonely, pick up the phone and wish your friends a Happy Thanksgiving.  Send an email to your friends and family, and ask people to reply with something that makes them thankful.  It will surely lift your spirits.
     Work on a gratitude list this week.  Try and think of five different things each day, so that by Thursday, we actually feel blessed.  Reflect on the happiest occasions of the past year, and vow to be aware of the good times to come our way. When I am stuck in traffic, I say this quick prayer which always puts me in a better mood.   " I know you want me to be happy, and I know you want me to have enough.  I am ready for those blessings.  I promise to share my blessings with others."  
    Have a good week everyone....and the beat goes on....the beat goes on.......

   
   
     

No comments:

Post a Comment