Sunday, August 5, 2012

It takes a Village

   I hope everyone likes the Blog's new look!!  I need to give a huge THANK YOU to  Taunia for the makeover.   It's great to have a friend with the talent and energy to perform such a face-lift!  It reminds me of the song verse "I get by with a little help from my friends."  I'm reminded of all the people in my life who have taken the time to help me through the years.  Family, friends, teachers, colleagues, and co-workers all have a  big influence as we grow and develop into adulthood and beyond.  I'm lucky to have had so many positive relationships in my life.  I never thought I had all the answers, and so I welcomed guidance and direction.
   As I watch the second week of these Olympic games, I wonder how many hundreds of people worked together to help each Olympian get the chance to compete at this level.  I marvel at the time and energy required to train and excel.  It must be a dream come true for all of the athletes, and those who helped make it a reality.  I hear the emotional interviews after winning a medal, and I find myself tearing up as well.
    The United States is doing great, and I'm proud to be an American.  I tip my hat to to the USA team, and their circle of friends.  Best of luck in the week ahead.  I hope you get the chance to make history, and enjoy every minute of it !....and the beat goes on.....the beat goes on......

    

No comments:

Post a Comment