Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

  I'd like to wish all the Mom's a very Happy Mother's Day!!!  Today was a quiet day for me.   This seems pretty ironic, because there were many years when all that I wished for were a couple of hours of peace and quiet.  If I was lucky, my guys would go out and wash my car, while I read a book or watched a chick movie.
   I'm looking back at how quickly the years have flown, even though at the time, it looked like some days and weeks might never end.  Some of my favorite Mother's Days  were spent as a fun day for kids.  I've spent Mother's Day car shopping for a 16 yr old, provided we ate out together.  We've eaten at barbecue joints that used rolls of paper towels for napkins, and spent the day at an amusement park.  I thought it would be fun to spend the day together, and it didn't matter that  much what we did.
  Early Saturday morning,  Matt called to tell me to wait for a package delivery.  It wasn't long before I received a gorgeous bouquet of flowers containing pink roses and mums!  They made the house smell great!
  He checked later to make sure I'd gotten the flowers, and he promised to call Sunday when we could talk longer.  He called while I was sending him one of my silly messages,  "Roses are red;  storm clouds are grey; you're the kid who made me the mother I am today"!!  I told him the flowers looked and smelled fabulous, and that I was drinking my coffee from a mug he had given me when he was twelve years old.  I also said I missed him, especially since he would always get me a refill, and as a matter of fact, I needed a 'splash'.  I won't repeat what he replied, but it made me laugh!!
   Today I enjoy every day as it comes, and not wish for what might be, or could be.  I'm proud of my son, and am grateful for all the good things in my life.  I'm not going to wait for things to be perfect, before I allow myself to be happy.   Have a good week everyone....
These are my opinions, so take what you like and leave the rest....and the beat goes on....the beat goes on......
   
 
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment