Monday, November 21, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

   Happy Thankgiving!  This week let's work on an "attitude of gratitude."  Let's try to focus less on the negatives and more on the positives.   While in line at the grocery store or the drive through, make a gratitude list.  It will make waiting easier, and may help ease the tension.  Try to come up with five things each day that make you grateful.  Good health, family, friends are three pretty easy ones.  Don't love your job?  Spin it that at least you have a job you can complain about.  Hopefully,  by the time Thursday arrives you will be in a good place, and really get to enjoy the Holiday.  Ask everyone at the dinner table to state something they are grateful for.  Try to enjoy yourself!
    Life isn't perfect.  If your problems consume your thoughts, then try to offset  every problem on your list with one good thing in your life.  Try to make a conscious effort to focus on a positive viewpoint.  Here are a  couple of my favorite ways to spin my situation to a more positive light.  "I'm grateful I got in this line, because now I get to work on my list."  "If I get stuck at this red light, I can finish my list."  I know it sounds crazy, but it helps me.  I think it's a lot better than beating myself up for choosing the wrong line.
    Think about those who have health and financial issues, and keep them in your thoughts.  Say a quick prayer for our servicemen and women who will not get home this year. 
     Have a good week everyone.....gobble.....gobble....and the beat goes on....the beat goes on.....
   

No comments:

Post a Comment