Monday, August 19, 2013

My Couch to 5-K Journey Continues

    Whew!  Preparing for a 5-K run is a lot harder than I thought it would be.  It all sounded reasonable, and do-able.  I would walk for five minutes, then jog for one minute, and walk for ninety seconds.  I would then repeat this format for fifteen to twenty minutes.  Of course, I can easily walk with my dog for twenty minutes, so I thought this would be a "piece of cake".  The truth is, I jog for sixty seconds, then walk until I can breathe normally again, before I jog again!   By the time we get home, the pup and I need a few big gulps of water, and I hurry to take a cool shower.  I'm telling myself that my face gets beet red because it's been extremely hot and humid this summer, and so I'm anxious to see how I do on a cool day.
     I've also been eating a lot more junk food.  I guess I thought that I could get away with it, but I weigh more now that before I started my summer program.  Someone said that muscle weighs more, so I'll cling to that idea for a few more days.  The saying that comes to mind is "reality bites", and I am surprised at the number of food references that help me describe my progress.
      Today begins week three of my twelve week program.  I decide to do a food journal, and go back to more healthy choices.  I notice that when I do not have protein for breakfast, I snack too much at night.  I'm determined to do better, and expect to have a much better week...I have a lot of tools in my toolbox,  I just have to dust them off and use them.......and the beat goes on.....the beat goes on.......
     

No comments:

Post a Comment