Sunday, March 10, 2013

Daylight Savings Time Begins

   I hope everyone remembered to change their clocks Saturday night.  There is a jingle to help, "spring ahead and fall back".   This time we lose one hour of sleep, and I believe that this time change takes a few days to get used to it.  Tonight the sun set at 6:45 pm, and will get closer to 7:30 pm by the end of March.  It was only three months ago that it was getting dark at 3:30 in the afternoon.  I am  happy to say that this winter season passed quickly, even though we had several huge storms, and freezing cold temperatures.  Now we can expect temps in the 50's and  a week of melting, which will cause a lot of mud.  It's a small price to pay for the arrival of Spring!
   I will need long days this week because I have lots to do.  I need to finish and file our tax return, then pack and get ready for my trip to visit our folks in Florida.  My husband will enjoy his time with our new puppy.  They have been going to obedience training classes, and it will help to have more daylight to walk and  practice their homework.
   My sisters and I typically go away  for a long weekend and celebrate St. Patrick's Day.  Florida in March means the weather is getting warm without any humidity.  I'm hoping for flip-flop and Capri pants weather.  I need a chance to recharge my batteries, drink in the vitamin D provided by the sun, watch a chick flick, stay up late, and act a little silly with the sisters.  This time there will be six women and my Dad, so he will be a little pampered.  I promise to come back with some color in my cheeks and a pep in my step.  I'll fill you in next time...have a good week everyone.....and the beat goes on.....the beat goes on....
     I want to remind all the artists to send in a drawing of Muggzy,  as we take another step toward publishing the book.  My March 3rd blog gives all the contest rules and details....so please take a moment to check it out.....and the beat goes on.....the beat goes on....

No comments:

Post a Comment