Monday, February 25, 2013

Oscar Night

  My favorite parts of the Oscars happen at the beginning, then the end.  I love to see the stars walk the Red Carpet wearing  their beautiful dresses.  It is over the top with sparkle and pageantry.  This year seemed to feature the simple black embellished to perfection. Adele and Halle Berry looked spectacular.  I loved Jennifer Aniston's red dress, and Charlize Theron's silver gown was fantastic. Michelle Obama was streamed  in from the White House to read the winner for Best Picture.  She always looks perfect!
  The live performances by Barbara Streisand, Jennifer Hudson, and Adele were wonderful!
  Best Picture was awarded to Argo.  Best Actor was Daniel Day Lewis for "Lincoln".  Best Actress went to Jennifer Lawrence for "Silver Linings Playbook". The Best Supporting Actress went to Anne Hathaway for "Les Mis".  All in all, this year's  nominees were fabulous and any one of them could have won.
   Many of the acceptance speeches contain the words "dream come true", and remind us of how serious these performers are, and how hard they work to perfect their craft.  Ben Affleck spoke of winning his first award fifteen years ago, "when he really didn't know what he was doing".
    We all have dreams and aspirations.  My dream is to publish my children's picture book series "Matt and Muggzy".  I have been writing the short stories, which chronicle my son's early years, and the adorable pug who was part of our family at the time.
   We are running a contest to find an illustrator who may be able to help bring my words to life.  I encourage anyone interested to submit an entry by the Friday, March 1, 2013 deadline .  I promise to award a $100.00 Amazon gift card to the contest winner, which will be announced in my March 10,2013 blog entry.  I want to see this dream become a reality, and I look forward to beginning the next chapter of my journey.....and the beat goes on....the beat goes on......

No comments:

Post a Comment