Sunday, December 23, 2012

Merry Christmas to All

  Our family festivities will begin Christmas Eve at 2 pm, and end around 10 pm.  We'll attend the early Mass, enjoy a feast, and exchange gifts.  A few weeks ago, I began to panic because I had so much to do.  I took a deep breath, and reminded  myself that I had never missed Christmas, and I would be ready for this one.  It's all part of the hustle and bustle that gets me into the Christmas spirit.
  Yesterday, I shopped until I had purchased the last few gifts and gift cards, as well as the necessary gift bags.  Last year, I bought extra large gift bags, but this year  they are way too big for the toys I bought.  I decide to buy a few extra medium size bags with the hope that I will be more prepared next year.  Tonight, I baked macaroon bars for dessert tomorrow night, and diced the red peppers for the family's favorite cheese ball.  It's important to wrap the peppers in paper towels and leave in the fridge overnight,  in order to absorb the juice.  If they are too watery, I will not be able to form the ball before I coat with crushed walnuts.  It's one of the items everyone will be expecting, and I take this assignment seriously.
   Tomorrow, my short list includes the five gifts for the kids, and two Yankee Swap gifts for the adults.  There should be twenty of us from my side of the family, and we will call my folks in Florida and our son in California, as they were not able to get home this year.
    Christmas Day will begin with dinner at Ron's brother's house for his siblings and their families.  We will exchange more gifts there, and meet at a cousins house for dessert and another Yankee swap.  This will be fun and hectic with ten kids under ten years, several dogs and the parents drove them there.  I love to sit and listen to the different conversations.  It really will be great to see everyone again, especially those  we have not seen since last year.
    I hope you all enjoy your family celebrations for the entire Holiday Season.  Please travel safely, and take time to count your blessings.  May your family be rich with laughter, may you feel an abundance of love, and may you experience all the joys of the season....and the beat goes on....the beat goes on......

No comments:

Post a Comment