Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day

  I want to wish all the Dad's a very happy Father's Day, and send a special shout out to my Dad !!   I look back at my own childhood, and have so much respect for my Dad.  He was hardworking and dedicated to my mom, my two sisters, my brother and me .  My mom didn't drive, and so it was his job to get us all anywhere we had to go.  He never complained or seemed aggravated no matter how hectic things got.  As a matter of fact, he was just as happy to play board games, or go ice skating or sledding or swimming.  He worked for the phone company as a linesman, which meant putting telephone poles and lines in every new neighborhood in Massachusetts during the 1950's.  As ship-to-shore technology paved the way for long distance communication throughout the entire country, he was asked to take classes and learn how to implement it.  In order to pass, he would have to take a three hour verbal test.  He got the top grade from his group which gave him seniority status, and the chance to work indoors.  He retired from the phone company after thirty-two years.  So much of what we take for granted and enjoy today, is only possible due to the hard work of  dads like mine.  Let's all take a few minutes and thank them.
   Have a good week everyone...and the beat goes on....the beat goes on...
    

No comments:

Post a Comment