Sunday, March 25, 2012

Spring is in the Air

  Happy Spring Everyone!  This year we were treated to a fabulous day with seventy degree temperatures in New England.  It was a very easy transition because we had such a mild winter.  It's incredible to be able to open windows and enjoy the fresh air and record temps in March!
 I tested the air conditioning in the car and at work. I decided to wear my flip flops, crop pants and  short sleeved shirts that I had used for my Florida trip.  Everyone else had the same idea, so I guess great minds think alike!! We will  have to resist the temptation to start planting flowers, as the chance of nightly frosts do not end till Memorial Day.  Spring cleaning must be suspended until we finish the pollen season.
  I love the sunshine, and I know that it always gives me a boost of energy.  It's time to start a things to do list, and make the most of it.  My top priority will be finishing the taxes, then tossing, shredding, and filing all the 2011 receipts and documents.  Next I'll attack the clutter in the closets, and cabinets, and basement shelves.  I follow the same routine each season.  I give myself three choices, throw things away, give things away, or put things away.  I always put a time limit on each project, which breaks it down into managable amounts.   I know that I'll feel so much better, almost lighter.  I've read that this will  make room for new things to come into my life,  which is exciting.  I'll usually come across something that I can use to update my wardrobe or my home decor without spending any money.  My very favorite thing happens when I find a couple of dollars in a jacket pocket, or a gift card in my summer purse!  It gives me a glimpse of just how giddy I'll be if we ever hit the lottery!  Having this kind of weather in March in New England is priceless, and I'm going to enjoy it.  Have a good week everyone.....and the beat goes on.....the beat goes on......

No comments:

Post a Comment