Sunday, May 22, 2011

Twinkle , Twinkle, Little Star

I wish I had a better  voice, because I love to sing.  I sang lullabys to baby Matt when he wouldn't go to sleep.  When I got tired of singing the same verses over and over, I made up new words that would fit with the tune.
It came in handy many times.  I taught 4yr old Matt his address and phone number to the "twinkle twinkle little star" tune.  When 8yr old Matt had a hard time with his spelling words ( i before e, except after c), I told him that if he could remember rap songs, he could spell any word.  We rapped the spelling list, and he got 100% on the test! 
When he played baskeball in elementary school, kids would cheer "clap your hands...stamp your feet".  I cheered the words " wash your hands....brush your teeth" as I marched him to the bathroom after eating a messy meal.
We went to Disney when Matt was 12 and he got to bring his best friend since third grade.  At one point, Matt was apologizing for my annoying behavior.  The other boy said that I was a lot like his mom, I just sang more....hey I took it as a compliment !!
I can hardly wait till I have grandchildren, and they ask me..."why does he have to sing so much?" I heard Matt singing to his puppy more than once.  You know the saying....the apples don't fall too far from the tree.....hmmm.....that reminds me of a song......."we are family".....
so long for now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment