Sunday, May 15, 2011

Good Enough Moms can enjoy life

Forget about being a perfect mom....many days I agonized over every decision, and still felt like I was doing a lousy job.  One day, someone told me to work on being a "good enough mom".  Wow, talk about a light bulb moment!!  It took all the pressure off trying to always come up with the perfect solution.  I could say stuff like "I don't have all the answers".  I could say " Don't rush me....I'm making mistakes as fast as I can" while I was laughing about something that probably wasn't funny!!  I could try a new routine, and know if we didn't like it, we'd try something else.  I realized that many great ideas wouldn't work in our family...and that would be OK.
Today , I get up and say "Thanks for today....I'm going to enjoy my day"!!  That doesn't mean life isn't hectic, it just means I try to keep in in perspective.  Some days I couldn't plan things to be more stressful.  I get up and start the new day with a clean slate.  I do my best not to make things worse by over reacting.  It's easier said than done.  Having a positive attitude is a full time job!!  Have a good week everyone !!

No comments:

Post a Comment