Sunday, May 19, 2013

Power-Ball Excitement

   My folks live near Tampa,  Florida, which is very close to where this week's power ball ticket was purchased.  I guess everyone who has a relative in the state is checking to find out if they know the person who won the jackpot.  My Dad said everyone he spoke with has asked if he knows the winner.  Turns out, he doesn't, so I won't be able to call in 'rich' to work Monday.
    We all had a lot of fun last week daydreaming about what we would do if we won the lottery.  I bought a couple of quick pick tickets, and did not even have one of the numbers drawn.  Oh well, better luck next time.  You cannot win if you do not play, and it only costs a couple of dollars for the chance to make our dreams come true.
    My plan has always been the same, and I'm sure I will follow it when we win.  I am going to split my winnings into three equal parts.
   First we will take a vacation and celebrate with family and friends.
   Next there will be a new home, and a couple of new cars.
   Finally, we will put the rest away for retirement, which will begin immediately.
   Through it all, we hope to be able to share with our parents, as well as our siblings and their children.  We will be generous to our church, and a few special charities.  I would love to be a philanthropist, and it would definitely be fun to make a few dreams come true.  I think it is important to be a good steward of the money, and put it to good use.  Every time I buy a ticket, I ask the lottery angels to smile on us, and help make all our dreams come true....and the beat goes on....the beat goes on.....

No comments:

Post a Comment