Saturday, January 19, 2013

Teamwork Makes the Dream Work

  Happy Days are Here Again.....the hockey season started tonight, and the Boston Bruins beat the Rangers in an excellent game.  Hockey fans across the country are thrilled to watch their teams and cheer them on.
I'm not sure how the shortened and compressed season will affect the players, but our game was great!  We wondered if the players would look "rusty" because the strike had lasted more than 100 days.  I also love to hear about the back stories, and there were two good items tonight. One of the Bruins who scored a goal was celebrating his twenty-ninth birthday today, and another became a dad for the first time two days ago.
  The Bruins played as a team, and it resulted in their first win.  There is a saying that "Teamwork makes the Dream Work", and it was evident tonight.  That advice works for everyone from families, to co-workers, and for  teammates of any sport.
  We all do better when we concentrate and focus on a single goal.  The new year is a good time to list some goals for 2013.  We always list some things that are likely to happen, as well as one or two items that will be difficult to accomplish.  It never hurts to strive for some things that will be a real stretch.  It's great to look back, and see how we did the previous year.  Some goals are carried over into the new year, and some may take several years to accomplish.  The idea is to stick with it, and see it through.  In some instances, progress may be just as important as reaching our goals on the first try.  We learn things along the journey that become good habits, and good habits take time to develop.
   Last year, my goal was to lose weight and walk more.  I lost half of my target weight , and so I will continue my efforts this year.  I look and feel better, and I know I will reach my goal.  We are also eating healthier, and it has really made a difference.  This year we plan to complete some home repairs.  The list is always long, and emergencies may come up during the year.  "Life is what happens when you are making other plans" is a saying I got from a tea bag, but it definitely keeps things in perspective.......and the beat goes on.....the beat goes on......

No comments:

Post a Comment