Sunday, April 8, 2012

Hippity-Hoppity Easter's here today

  Happy Easter everyone!  I spent today with my sisters and our families, and our brother's family joined us for dessert and coffee.  Three generations all on a sugar high at the same time.  Talk about lively conversations, and heated discussions.  I'm not sure we solved any issues, but we did get silly and have a lot of laughs.  New clothes and candy---the perfect combination for good times in my book!!
  Easter is one of the more low key holidays, unless you are hosting the neighborhood easter egg and candy hunt.  This year I kept my decorations simple.  We learned how to make an Easter Bunny floral decoration at Church, which was made with a flower called a football mum.  We took ribbons, pipe cleaners, pompoms, and googlie eyes and transformed them into a face on the mum.  It was relatively easy, we had fun, and we took home a fresh flower arrangement to enjoy. 
  We thought that we might skype with Matt in California, but we did not reach him while we were all together.  Thank goodness we had a high schooler, a college student and a four year old to help us to not miss our son.  I sent him a silly card so he would know that we would be thinking of him.  As always, I included one of my lame "roses are red, violets are blue" poems. I hope it would make him smile after he made a face and rolled his eyes.  I take it as a compliment when Matt calls me "one weird woman" after getting my cards and notes.  I love getting any kind of a reaction, especially if it makes him laugh!
   Now that we've turned the clocks ahead, and celebrated Easter, I feel it's officially spring.  School will be out in less than ten weeks!  It's daylight until 7pm now, and the sunsets are beautiful.  April showers (also known as mud season) will bring May flowers, and baseball season just got started!  I'll acknowledge all of these in my gratitude list, and get ready to enjoy springtime in New England.
  Have a good week everyone....and the beat goes on....the beat goes on.......
 

No comments:

Post a Comment