Sunday, July 3, 2011

Happy Birthday America !!!! Happy Birthday to You !!

  This weekend we get to enjoy 4th of July celebrations !!  It's one of the best weekends of the summer !  With a long weekend, there's time for cookouts, parades, pool parties, baseball games and fireworks !  Hope you all have a ball !  Whether you watch the fireworks on TV , attend a community event, or have a neighborhood block party, I hope they are spectacular !!  We always watch the Boston Pops from home, because we want to hang out in the pool and backyard as long as possible.  I love to sing along with the crowd, even if I am in my living room. 
  This year I've decided to think about some "birthday gifts" I can give my country.  There are many things that I can do , that take more of my time and thought,  than money.
I can recycle as much as possible. I can donate items in good condition and keep them out of the landfill.
I can check the labels, and choose to buy grocery products made in America, even if they cost a little more.
I can vote, and expect our elected officials to behave with common sense and civility.
I can email any politician that I think promotes fear and hate, and tell them that the sensible center will hold them accountable.
I can work on my gratitude list, and acknowledge the good things in my life.
I can live by the "golden rule" and treat others the way I'd like to be treated.
I can display a flag at our house, and sing the national anthem when we attend a sporting event.
  Have fun making your own list.  If we all do a little, we can make a big difference.  With all her scars and warts, America is still the greatest country on the planet.  I am proud and thankful to be an American. 
  These are my opinions, so take what you like and leave the rest......have a good week everyone.....




No comments:

Post a Comment